The UK’s National Film and Television School (NFTS) is partnering with studios provider Pinewood Group on a training centre for the next generation of filmmakers.
The NFTS training facility will sit within the proposed Screen Hub UK, Pinewood’s expansion development at its Pinewood Studios site in Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire. Buckinghamshire Council is due to make a decision on the Screen Hub UK planning application later in the year.
The training centre will include shooting space for the teaching of practical filmmaking, as well as office space, seminar rooms and workshops for hands-on training.
It will provide training including:
- core craft skills
- professional short courses for those in the industry to upskill
- virtual production training led by StoryFutures Academy
- courses for 16-19 year olds in partnership with BFI Film Academy
- local community access to workspaces for adult learning
- work experience placements
The centre will also include an international visitor experience.
“The scale and ambition of this partnership will level up the talent incoming to the UK screen sector, ensuring global productions will benefit from a highly qualified workforce, trained on site at one of the most exciting and progressive studios in the world,” said Jon Wardle, NFTS director.